Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I've been tagged! Here you go Ana, just for you!

1. Who is your man? Eric Carl Jacob.

2. How long have you been together? 2 years together on October 8th and 9 months married on august 9th.

3. How long dated? We dated for 7 months and were engaged for 6 months.

4. How old is your man? Eric will be 24 on August 9th! I am 3 years and 3 months younger than he is. Still a baby is what everyone tells me.

5. Who eats more? For sure Eric. He'll usually order a regular meal and then finish more than half of mine. I can't eat a lot of food but he better not touch my dessert. :)


6. Who said "I love you" first? Cute story. Eric said it officially first but i kinda coaxed it out of him. We were talking and the subject of marriage came up. I told him he could only marry me if he said "I love you" and "you are beautiful" everyday! Not expecting a serious reaction from him, he looked me in the eyes and touched my cheek and said "Julia, you are beautiful and i love you more than anything." Then i said it and the rest is a 1 year 9 month history. cute huh?

7. Who is taller? Unfortunatley i am but you'll never get Eric to admit it. He says we are the same height.

8. Who sings better? Well, i would say Eric but he would say me. I guess we're both pretty good. We will only sing around eachother and in church though.

9.Who is smarter? Eric, definately! He took an IQ test and qualified as a genius. I took it and though i am above average, it is no where near him. If you ask him anything, he will know it.

10. Who's temper is worse? As much as i don't want to admit it, i am a monster. Eric never gets mad at me. His philosophy in life is "why be angry or sad? Im just happy."

11.Who does the laundry? I do! Eric is the worst at laundry. He tries though and he'll do it if i really need him to but he really is terrible.

12. Who does the dishes? We both do. I agree with Ana on this one, it's the best time to talk. Sometimes i'll go to bed with a ton of dishes in the sink and wake up to them done. Eric is so sweet. I love him!

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. Our first night together, we randomly picked the side of the bed we wanted. We both fall asleep on our right side and Eric has to hold me to fall asleep so I got the right. He is a snuggler, but then again, so am i. We'll never need a king bed. Half of it would go un-used. :)

14. Who pays the bills? Eric makes the money but i pay the bills. He forgets way too often.

15. Who has bigger feet? we both have pretty big feet, not gonna lie. Eric's are completely square and bigger than mine but i am not much to compete with. That's what i get for being 6ft tall. :(

16.Who has longer hair? Me. I just cut it short (6 inches off!) but im growing it back out. It looks horrible short. Eric keeps his short cause he knows i like it better that way. I heard one time he had hair nearly to his shoulders though. gross.

17. Who is better on the computer? Eric. Like i said, he's a genius. Im good at PC but not MAC and he is good at both. He does work in a computer store and spends his entire free time on the computer. Anyone that knows him will testify to this. He loves the internet and learning random, useless information. I guess that's why he's the genius.

18. Who mows the lawn? Right now, our landlord does but Eric says he wants to when we have our own yard. I did impress him once by mowing my mom's yard when he wouldn't. It used to be my favorite thing to do with my grandpa and now Eric wants to do it and teach our kids how.

19. Who cooks dinner? I do. Eric knows how to make five things. Egg in a Frame, Mac and Cheese, No-Bake Cookies, Cereal and anything from a can you just heat up. He says im as good as his mom at cooking so it makes me feel pretty good and i do it whenever i can.

20. Who drives when you are together? Eric does. I hate driving and he doesn't mind it. I'll do it if he is tired or doesn't want to but i prefer he do it. He also fills up the gas tank for me. That's another thing i hate. Eric is definately the car guy in our relationship.

21. Who pays when you go out? He usually makes it a race of who can get the money out faster. I just don't care so he wins a lot of the time. It's all the same account right?

22. Who is most stubborn? We are both incredibly stubborn! We won't give up on something until it gets old and we both just drop it.

23. Who is the first to admit when you are wrong? Eric usually admits he's wrong even when i really am the one that is wrong. Like i said, he has this motto that he doesn't want to be sad or mad. Just happy. so he usually admits it first.

24. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine. We only live 45 mins away from mine and 15 hours away from his. I can tell he misses his mom and we try to visit as much as possible.

25. Who kissed who first? Well, we were watching a movie and i wanted him to kiss me so bad but he wouldn't. Eric is the kind of guy that won't do anything until he has a sign that it is ok. While watching the movie, i turned around and kissed him on the cheek then quickly turned back to the movie. He says he was beaming the whole time and claims he kissed me on the head but i don't remember that. I was probably still in shock of what i just did. After the movie, we were talking and he leaned in and kissed me for real. I guess we both kissed eachother first in a way. Me on the cheek and him, well you know. :)

26. Who asked who out? haha, this one is funny. We were in the same math class and were really good friends. Eric would talk to me the whole time in class and then walk me to my next class. Well, i dropped my class that was after the one i had with him but never mentioned it. As usual, he began walking me to class when i stopped and told him i was going home and that i no longer had that class. He got this puzzled look on his face and said "well, im hungry. wanna go to lunch?" I told him i didn't have any money and he said "it's ok, i'll pay. as long as it's under 5 bucks." Thinking we were just friends, i agreed and we started walking to the car. Half way in the parking lot he said, "so, where's your car?" I was mortified. My car is a piece of junk, with no A/C and a soft top roof that is nailed on. We got in my car and ate lunch at Subway. After that, i took him back to the parking lot and dropped him off at his car, which was a brand new 4Runner. I was so confused how this "rich boy" wouldn't drive and could only spend 5 bucks on my lunch. I left kinda turned off by him and the next day, he texted me and asked if we could study together for our math class. I got excited and drove home (being at my mom's house at the time) and we studied. Studying lasted about 20 mins until we decided to just watch a movie instead. That was the first time we cuddled and kissed (as described above). We decided that night we were now dating and he took me on our "official" first date on October 8, 2007 to the California Pizza Kitchen and a movie. That night, we decided it was time to get married. Pretty crazy how one day i can be his friend and the next, his girlfriend and soon to be fiancee.

27. Who proposed? Wow Ana, you wanted details so here you go. We wanted to get married since our first date but waited until Eric could afford a ring. He had his sister in law Erica make it exactly the way i wanted but it took longer than expected. I kept thinking Eric was going to propose. My birthday, thought he would propose. Valentines day, thought he would propose. Watching the sunset or the stars, thought he would propose but it never happened. He moved back to Omaha in the summer and i thought, well, i guess it will be next Fall that i get my ring. I visted him in May and when he picked me up from the airport, he said "well, i have bad news. I was planning on proposing this weekend but the ring didn't come, so im not." I was so angry. Why tell me then? we spent the weekend together and the day i was supossed to fly home, my flights were cancelled because of a huge storm and i ended up staying an extra day. We went to lunch at Famous Dave's (which i paid for) and then he got a call from Brett saying we had to go see the house he was flipping right away. We had nothing else to do so we went over there. I went to the bathroom while Eric talked to Brett, not knowing that the ring had arrived an hour before at Brett's house and he was giving it to Eric. We left the house and decided to stop at a little hill over looking Omaha on our way back to Tim and Taffy's house in Iowa. We watched the sunset and talked and were saying how much we loved eachother and wanted to get married. Finally i said, "Man, if you had the ring, this would be perfect!" Eric got a grin on his face and said "well, maybe i do!" All i could say was "no you dont. Don't ruin this" when he put the ring in front of my face and then slipped it onto my finger asking me to marry him. at that point all i could say was "shut up" and "no way!" We laughed and cried and then i had him get on his knee and do it again. It was right as the sun was going down and absolutely perfect! He said he was going to do it watching the stars and when i saw a shooting star, tell me to make a wish and then propose to me. But i couldn't ask for anything better than the way he did it. It was so romantic and intimate and simple. Just how we wanted it.

28. Who is more sensitive? I am. I cry at everything. I see a commercial and cry or am doing nothing and will randomly start bawling. I've always been that way and i don't know why. I get my feelings hurt very easily too and take offence to everything. It drives Eric nuts!
29. Who has more friends? Right now, Eric does. All my friends live in Bountiful and don't really talk to me anymore. Eric's friends are all right here in Provo. His friends are my friends. It would be nice to have my own though. I definately need a friend. Eric is my best friend though so i guess i'll survive. :)

30. Who has more siblings? Eric. He has 9 brothers and sisters. He is the youngest of 10 all together. I am the eldest of 3 girls. I have a step sister and a step brother also, but i never see them. We want to have a big family though. He wants to beat his mom and have 11 or 12 but i say 5. We settled on 8. Hopefully, 4 boys and 4 girls. That would be ideal.

Hope you guys enjoyed my long answers. Since i don't have very many people on my list yet, i'll have to choose one the same as Ana. Jana, you're up! Allison, and Angie. I would like to hear your stories also! Maybe even Eric. You could write one. I would like to hear your side of things. :)

No comments: