Monday, January 10, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010

Well, it took me long enough but the Christmas post is finally here! It's long but I think you'll enjoy it. Who couldn't enjoy this adorable child of mine?

Eric and I got a real tree this year. We've always wanted one but they were never allowed in our apartments. Now with our own house, we can do whatever we want!! YAY!!

We also put lights around all of our windows and garland on our banister. We didn't have enough stockings for all of us this year so I decided to make some. It took me a while to get them done, but they were up just in time for Christmas eve. I had to make a few extra as practice and there is a white one that I made for Christ. We are starting the tradition of giving Christ a gift each year by writing him a personal letter of what we will do this year as a gift to Christ. Then the next year, we will read what we wrote and see how we did. We're excited for Graham to get older and start participating in this.

Graham met Santa for the first time (except for when he was a month old and didn't care) at our ward Christmas party. He was not a fan of sitting on his lap. If he was just looking at him, he would laugh and say "hohoho" but when it came to sitting on his lap, he absolutely lost it.
Until he got the candy cane. Then Santa was an okay guy. :)
Graham and mommy at the ward Christmas party.
We were invited to some of our good friends' Christmas party this year. Graham met Santa again and we had lots of yummy desserts, Christmas carols and a talent show by all of the kids. Thank you Brett and Annie for inviting us!
The party was at Brett's parent's barn. This is their tree. They had a fireplace going and Christmas music playing. It made the whole setting absolutely beautiful.
Our niece Kelsie playing the piano for the talent show. (Brett's brother married Eric's sister so we share nieces and nephews)
Graham enjoyed playing cars on the floor. Eric has been friends with Brett their whole lives and this is the car Eric used to play with at their house when he was little.
They had Santa and Mrs. Clause come and give presents to all of the kids. Graham didn't even cry this time when he met Santa.

This year, Eric and I decided to stay home and spend Christmas at our own house for the first time. Grandma Denise, Grandpa Steve, aunt Holly and aunt Morgan decided to come to Nebraska early (since they all fly free) and celebrate Christmas. Eric got a big blanket with a giant N on it for Nebraska. My mom worked so hard on it and now we use it constantly. He also got a razor (this guy LOVES to shave when he has a sharp razor) and some much appreciated money.
I got some much needed cake pans, money and some personal items I've been needing for a long time. I haven't had a chance to bake any cakes but I am very excited to find the time to make one in them.
And Graham, well lets just say he was SPOILED ROTTEN!! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. (the jammies he is wearing were given to him by his great grandma and grandpa Cox. He also got a toy that makes animal sounds, which he absolutely loves to play with, and a book with fur to touch. Thank you grandma and grandpa!!!)
The first gift he opened was his leap frog train. He still plays with it EVERYDAY...
He got some cars from aunt Holly. She picked them out for her little buddy all by herself. She knows he loves cars like crazy!

He unwrapped the presents pulling the paper one little piece at a time. It took FOREVER to get through all of the presents.There were three sets of these puppets and he got another set for his birthday the month before. We now have an entire zoo of animal puppets. :)
See the diapers behind him, he got 5 bags of those from grandma as well. I think mom and dad liked those more than him, since he absolutely HATES having his diaper changed.
I think this is every kid's face when the get clothes, even when they are only 13 months old.
Who couldn't love this face?
Grandpa Steve picked out these next few presents for him. Two Chuck truck sets and some cars. For some reason, I don't have a picture of the cars but he plays with them all of the time.
Great grandma JoAnn and grandpa George gave Graham the cutest hat and money for us as well. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!
Looks like a pretty good Christmas huh? And it's just the beginning...

This post is getting a little long, so I will continue the rest of Christmas in a new one. More pictures of the cutest kid in the world to come... :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks like a fairytale life Julia!