Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home for Sale

We went and looked at houses today. There were a ton that we liked but one in particular that we are trying for.

Here is the link for it

The pictures are really deceiving. It looks crappy from the pictures they have but when you go inside, it is the most amazing home. It is very open and has a ton of windows so it is very very bright. Off the living room is a perfect room for a den and the floors are all a pretty hardwood. We are really excited about it and hoping we can get it before the baby comes.

We went to our storage unit today which is stuffed to the brim with stuff. It is basically the size of a walk in closet and everything is crammed in. There are some weird steps at this place that as you're moving things into the unit, you have to walk down stairs. As I was walking to help put some lighter things in the storage from our car, I fell on one of these steps and ended up twisting my ankle. It is swollen and huge and hurts to walk on but lots of ice, elevation and Tylenol have been applied. No worries, baby is fine. Just another reason we need to get this house soon so we never have to go to that storage unit again.

Eric went to day one of orientation today. He had to do his drug tests and get all of his information about the job. Everything seems like it's going to be perfect. Insurance is a lot cheaper than we were paying in Utah and will start on his first official day, the 14th. He has awesome benefits and seems to really love the company already. We still feel like this was the best move for us and are excited to start our new life here. Thank you Tim and Taffy for letting us live with them for who knows how long, rent free. :)

2 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

You poor thing. I am sorry about your ankle. Hooray for finding a cute place! I hope it works our for you guys. Keep us posted. I am so glad you get insurance right away. What a blessing. It sucks to have a baby without insurance (believe me, I know).

jana jacob said...

Cute house! I can't believe the price - someday I want to move to an area where housing is affordable....better not happen for the next 5-7 years though....probablt ought to restore our good name! Good luck with everything!