Saturday, November 7, 2009

Moving Day!!!

Well, we closed on the house and everything went well. Now, we are in the most amount of debt we have ever been in and have never been happier. We stayed at the house until 4a.m last night, painting our bedroom a nice shade of light gray blue. SO much better than the lime green they had in there. I can't wait for it to dry and to set up our bedroom with our cute bedspread we got about a year ago. Things will finally start matching the way we want them to. Our next room to paint will be the baby's room and the kitchen. After that, we will take our time with the others (mostly because we are out of time with the baby coming.)

Eric woke up early this morning (4 hours of sleep total) and got together with some of his brothers to move us in. They rented a U-Haul and packed up our very tiny, very overstuffed storage shed to take it all to the house. While they do that, I am babysitting all the nieces and nephews. Not a huge change since I've been doing it now for 2 months today.

I am so glad we finally have a place to call our own and poor Tim and Taffy can have their house back. I think my nephews, Henry and Ty, are ready for us to leave their bedroom. The other night at dinner, Henry said the prayer, making sure to thank Heavenly Father that we were moving out on Saturday and he could have his room back. We couldn't help but giggle through the rest of the prayer and afterwards saying we are thankful to have our room back too. They have been good sports about sleeping on the air mattress and couch. We sure are grateful to Tim and Taffy's generosity and love to us and letting us live here for so long.

As soon as Eric gets back, I am off to start unpacking. We have one week from Monday till our baby boy is due (if he comes on time) and a lot of house to set up. We are really excited to start our new life, officially in our home and with our baby boy!

Pictures of the house will come soon, hopefully! :)

1 comment:

Matt and Alissa said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. Good luck. I hope this doesn't put you into labor. My cousin just moved and she started to go into labor and she had to stop doing stuff and just tell everyone what to do. We love you guys and are so happy for you.