Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another Baby


We've been wanting a puppy for a while now but have just been toying with the idea. Yesterday, we did it. Eric was looking on Craigslist and saw some Goldador (mix of a Lab and Retriever) puppies for sale. We emailed the guy for a chance to go look at them and met him at the mall that night.

The instant we saw the little pup, we were in love. He came home with us that night and we made a late night stop at PetSmart to get all of his essentials. We took a day or two to name him but have settled on Herman because he came from Herman, Nebraska and because we really like the name.

He is a good puppy. Very smart (already pretty much potty trained and knows how to shake) and he is really calm (as calm as a puppy can be.) He still has his puppy habits, like chewing, but give him his bone and he's fine. He stays in his kennel without much fuss at night and is SO good with Graham.

Graham is absolutely fascinated by his new puppy dog and loves when Herman licks his feet and hands. He thinks it's hilarious. We are very happy we got Herman and even though there will probably be a few hard times ahead, we are excited to begin this next chapter in our lives. Who knew we would have baby #2 so soon!?!


4 comments:

Family Blog said...

He's SO cute! And as a funny aside, I had to type in "woofl" to get this to publish. How funny is that?

Matt and Alissa said...

He is adorable. I would have fallen in love too. How nice that he is mostly potty trained. That is biggest battle, I've heard. What a perfect mix, lab and retriever. Both breeds are so good with kids, so I am sure he will be extra good with Graham. Congrats!

Jamie said...

What a perfect little sweetheart! Congratulations on this baby boy! I hold a firm belief that no family is complete without a dog or two to remind people how pure love really is.
Snuggle him for me!

Mary Ludwig said...

He is so cute! We got a little puppy too a couple months ago. I should probably warn you. Dogs somehow manage to be WAY more work than babies. Sometimes it's a love/hate relationship. But it's SO much fun! I am so glad we have our dog. I love it!