We stayed at my mom's house and visited family and friends. It was super busy and Graham's schedule was completely thrown off, but overall we had a great time. We went to my step sister, Shelby's graduation. We were all proud of her for graduating because we didn't think she would make it.
My little sister Holly also graduated. She loved every minute of it! Holly is not one to get all dressed up and sit through boring speeches but she did it! In fact, she was ready to go, in her dress and everything, 3 hours early! She did great through the ceremony and got a very loud applause from her entire class as she walked. She even posed for several pictures afterward, which if you know Holly, that is EXTREMELY RARE!!! I'm so proud of her. She will now attend a program called STEPS. She stays at her high school but attends different classes for part of the day and then goes to work after. It's kinda like a college program for kids with handicaps. She's really excited to do this and will be going in with her best friend, Delia.
It was a long night and Graham and I were exhausted but we were so proud of Aunt Holly!!!
While we were in Utah, my mom and Steve bought Graham a new car seat. He was too heavy and tall for his bucket seat so we have now graduated into a big boy car seat. He loves it! He loves being able to sit up and look at the cars passing by.
Aunt Holly loved having Graham, her little buddy, at the house. She helped me with everything. She loved helping with bath time and even insisted on putting the lotion on him herself.
Graham was so thrown off on his sleeping schedule that he would pass out at night and wake up SUPER early! He always woke up happy though. This is what I woke up to every morning. He is now saying "da-da" and "hi." You can hear him saying "hi dada" in the beginning. So cute!
Flying home was much easier. Getting through the airport was hard because I kept him up and denied him a bottle until we got on the plane. Once we were situated in our seat, he instantly drank his bottle and fell asleep through the whole ride. I woke him up as we were landing and he was instantly happy, making everyone on the plane love him with his laugh. We had the seat next to us free and Graham absolutely loved being able to look out the window and sit in the seat like a big boy.
We were excited to see daddy when we got off the plane and soon found out that daddy had eaten all of the food and there was NOTHING left! So, Graham and I went grocery shopping and restocked our shelves.
We visited my old work, the bakery, while we were in Utah and of course my old manager had to introduce him to bread. Now he is in love with it and reaches for it anytime we have some. I bought him some bread sticks on our shopping trip and they have become a big hit in the house!
Now, we are just catching up on our sleep and playing at the park. Graham and I like to take walks together and play at the little park down the street. I put him in the swing for the first time today. At first he didn't know what to think but soon learned to love it! I think we'll be playing at the park a lot this summer!
Well, I think that is it for now! Congratulations again Holly and Shelby! We are so proud of you!
4 comments:
jules, vanessa said you came to town but i am so upset that i didn't get to see you! we need to get together asap, i love you and miss you. lately i've been reading my journal and i watched the movie we made called the ms values pagent and i almost died laughing. it was the best, i miss you sissy and can't wait to see you, i don't want graham to be a dad before i get to meet him, deal??? love you!!! p.s. congratulations holly and shelby! holly comes into my work all the time and asks about alexis it is so fun, i love her! love your pictures, love you sissy can't wait to see you!
I'm sorry we didn't plan a time for us to get together so we could have seen you two when you were out here, but I am sure you were super busy with your family's celebrations, so we will see you next time (unless we are out in Omaha before than). Graham is such a cutie! I love his chubby cheeks. I hope you don't find me nosy or rude, but if his new carseat can, you should make him rearfacing. It is safer for him to stay rearfacing until he is a year old. The recommendation is 20lbs and a year old, of course my kids weren't eligible to be frontfacing until they were 18mon. or older (the lightweights!). He is such a cute boy, I would hate for anything to happen to him if you were ever in an accident. We love you guys!
No worries Alissa! It is rear facing. I guess it just doesn't show that it is that well in the picture. It's a reversible car seat though. Thanks for your concern! Hope we get to see you soon!
Great pictures, Julia!
Post a Comment