Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11 months

Graham is now 11 months old! 18 days until the big ONE!! We are so excited to watch our little boy grow and develop. He is becoming such a big boy so fast.

He has lost a lot of his baby features and we are starting to see more of what he'll look like as an older boy. He still has his chubby cheeks and only two little teeth on the bottom and is really long and solid. We weighed him on our scale and he was 27lbs! We will know his official weight when we go to the doctor next month. He is wearing 12 month pants and 18-24 month tops. He got his dad's body for sure! Eric is all torso and no legs and I'm all legs, no torso. At least he is tall. We were very happy about that. He still has gray blue eyes and from what we can tell (because he still doesn't have much) his hair is blonde with maybe a touch of red in it. He got Eric's coloring and body (and attitude) with my looks. Looking at my baby pictures, he looks JUST LIKE ME! Literally, he's almost an exact copy. (I'll try to get some pictures up so you can compare them.)
Graham is ALL BOY! He loves to play with any ball he can find and trucks. He will throw the ball back and forth to us and chase it down the hall. He loves anything sports, including a small baseball bat that we got him. He loves to crawl around with that in his hand and turn it over and over in his hands. He loves cars and trucks. He only has a couple of them but loves to push them around. He lays on his belly and pushes them in a line with one little finger, very carefully so they don't fall over. He gets really frustrated when the fall and then continues to make them "crash" by throwing them around until they land upright again. He's too funny.

Graham loves to crawl around. He is still on his belly doing the "army crawl" but I think it is because he knows he is fast doing that and doesn't want to slow himself down. I have seen him get up on his hands and knees and start moving but then he drops down and quickly gets to where he wants to go. He has been starting to walk. We barely have to hold his hands now to get him walking. However, if we don't hold his hands, he won't even budge. He'll just look at us like we're crazy for not holding onto him. Maybe he'll go straight from the army crawl to walking. Walking would be such a relief for me. He is too heavy to carry around everywhere and I would love to set him down to walk by himself. He is starting to crawl up the stairs (something I'm not really ready for) but hasn't figured out how to get up more than a few stairs. He also doesn't know how to get down again so he'll cry until I come and get him.

He loves food! So far, he will eat anything we give him. He doesn't like really mushy things (he must have flashbacks of nasty baby food) but loves to eat anything we have on our plates. He insists on feeding himself most of the time and won't accept anything from our utensils. So, every meal time results in messy hands and food all over the place. The only foods we have found he doesn't like are peaches, beans and anything mushy (ex: mashed potatoes).
Graham figured out how to get his arm out of his shirt during lunch time.
Graham is a jibber jabber. He tells us many stories and "talks" constantly. He has started to say a few recognizable words but mostly just babbles. The few we can recognize are "baby" (he found a picture of a baby and has not stopped saying it since), "Yeah" or "Yes" (it depends on the time that he says it), "dada" and "mama" and "num-num" (meaning he's hungry.) He has started saying "Uh-oh" when he drops something but it's still a little fuzzy and he says "mmmm" when something is good that he eats. I have a feeling he'll be taking a lot really soon.

Graham is so entertaining. He has an awesome imagination already and loves to play. He will duck down behind anything and them pop up to play "peek-a-boo" with us. He loves being tickled and singing really silly songs. He plays really well by himself and entertains himself with his toys or the door stopper. :) He loves to giggle and be cuddled (which mostly turns into climbing all over whoever is holding him. ) He is such a good and BUSY boy. I don't know how we lucked out. I fear our next one is going to be really difficult because he is so easy.


Graham playing with daddy
He loves to swing at the little park down the street from us. He loves being outside and playing.


We are still having problems with Graham sleeping. He still wakes up 2-3 times a night and throws a huge fit when it's bed time. It's really frustrating and something we are still working on so hopefully we can figure it out soon. I think he should be sleeping through the night by now so I'm not sure what is going on with him. I'm just glad he's so good during the day or I think I would lose it from being so tired!

He loves to lay down and watch cartoons with his juice in a sippy cup.
Graham can be frustrating but overall, he is the greatest blessing we've ever received. I am so thankful for him and the joy he brings to our lives. We laugh everyday, we are amazed everyday, and we are so full of love and joy everyday because of this little boy. I don't know what we did to deserve such an amazing life but we are sure thankful we have it.

3 comments:

Family Blog said...

What a charmer!

Aaron Ludwig said...

Awww. He is too cute! I love reading your blog posts. He is so much fun to watch! You're a good mom! It's so obvious that both of you love him SO much. :) That's awesome!
-oh and this is Mary by the way. I am accidentally signed in as Aaron. oops.

Matt and Alissa said...

So cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. Look out for him walking. Also, one piece of advice for the stairs that I was told with Beckett that I thought was smart. When he goes up the stairs, always help him go down so he learns both at the same time. It will take him longer to get the down probably, but he will pick up on it faster. Also he will understand that if he goes up, there is a safe way to go down. Good luck! Love you guys.