Wednesday, November 10, 2010

3 years!


I can't believe it's been 3 years since I was sealed to my best friend. I will never forget that day...

(WARNING: A bit of mushiness is to follow.)

Not being able to sleep because I was so excited and was nervous Eric wouldn't make it to the temple from Orem in time (come to find out, he slept at his brother's in law's house so he wouldn't be late.)

Waking up SUPER early to get ready (after only maybe 4 hours of sleep.) Getting my hair and makeup done and then waiting for my grandma to come drive me to the temple. I was supposed to get there at 9am but my grandma thought I was supposed to be there at 9:30am. She picked me up at 8:45am and then told me she had to run back home for something. After much stress and worry that I wouldn't make it, I got to the temple around 9:15am with a very worried groom sitting in the lobby.

Finally, kneeling across the alter and being sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. The ceremony was beautiful (even though I forgot the ring so Eric didn't have it for any of the pictures at the Temple), the ring ceremony and luncheon was great and hilarious (since Eric and I didn't know what we were doing for the ring ceremony. Nothing was really planned. :) ), and the reception was beautiful and full of love from our family and friends. We loved our wedding and we love each other.

It's been 3 years and we have grown even closer than ever. We know each other better than anyone else and we love spending as much time together as we can. We have a beautiful child that makes us smile every day, a house to keep us warm, a job to pay the bills, and more love than ever to keep us happy. We love that we are an eternal family and can't wait to spend eternity together.

I love you Eric! Happy anniversary!!


1 comment:

Matt and Alissa said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it has been 3 years. We are so glad you married Eric. You guys are so cute and we are glad you are in our family.