Saturday, June 25, 2011

19 months in the summer time

What do you do in the Summer time?
  Play on the toys at the park with mom and dad...
 

 Look at the fountains with dad...
Look at the geese and their babies with dad...


 Fall asleep naked after spending a hot and sweaty day playing in the park...
 Swim in the pool with mom on hot summer days...
Play with Hannah next door...
 Become Indians at the Papillion Days Festival...

 Read books on long drives and get annoyed at mom for taking pictures...
Get a new kitten named Oscar... (Graham named him when he was watching Sesame Street. I asked him what the kitty's name should be and he said, "hmmm, Ocer?" Oscar the Cat stuck.)

 Take warm baths with our new kitten, Oscar...

And turn 19 months old!!
 18 months went VERY fast! I can't believe how busy we were that month. Now he is 19 months old and growing like crazy! He is such a big boy and is getting to the point that he doesn't need me as much. He is very independent and wants to do big boy things. I see him accomplish something new everyday. He loves to have fun and make me laugh and is incredibly too smart for his age. We love this kid to death and are sad that he is growing up so fast. Before I know it, I'll be shipping him off on his mission and then attending his wedding. It makes me sad but it also makes me stop and cherish every moment I have with him. 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oscar - I love it! And he'll be so proud he named the cat when he grows a bit older!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Isn't being a parent just the best?

Well, until you're a grandparent.