Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy 4 years!!

 Yesterday (Nov. 9) marked our 4 year anniversary! 4 years of amazing adventures. Some incredibly difficult, some devastating, and mostly wonderful. Without those 4 years, we wouldn't be where we are today, with a beautiful house, a gorgeous child, and many many blessings past, present and future. I wouldn't change my life for anything. I love being husband and wife!!

We celebrated the "poor" way. Not having much money right now, we decided to visit the spot Eric proposed and watch the sunset. The day might have looked nice but it was FREEZING out there! We didn't make it all through the sunset and we were huddled in a huge quilt, but the memories were awesome. We then ate at one of our new favorite restaurants (with an affordable price), Dixie Quicks. It was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and it is SO GOOD!! And a movie to top it all off. Oh yeah, and some pretty amazing dessert I made that morning. Yum! Nothing fancy, nothing grand but something I will remember for sure. Eric did a great job planning it this year.

I've never been happier and LOVE my life with my man. Thank you baby for everything you've ever done and continue to do for me and our family. I'm so grateful for the day you proposed and the day we said "I Do!" I love you!!! Happy Anniversary.

The night we got engaged.
The spot Eric proposed. A perfect little hill in Iowa, overlooking Omaha with the perfect view of the sunset. It was perfect!
Engagement pics


And the marvelous day...




2 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I think that sounds like a spectacular way to celebrate. Doing something big is totally over-rated. Remembering how much you love each other and why you got married is the most important thing. Love you guys.

Jamie said...

Happy anniversary you two! Can't believe it's been FOUR years! You young, gorgeous bride you!