Since the day we found out we were having another boy, I've been hard at work preparing and decorating the nursery. I wasn't sure how I wanted it at first but had found a certain fabric that I loved, so I decided to base the room around it. It had lots of bright colors and circles all over it so really, it could be turned into any theme I wanted. With the help of many hours on Pinterest, searching for ideas, I finally came up with this:
Mobile I made for above the rocking chair...
Hand painted all of these for the wall...
Name sign above his crib...
Bumper pads and bed skirt made by hand, with the help of my dear mother in law... The bumper pad fabric is what inspired the whole room.
We found this rocking chair on Craigslist for $25 bucks and were able to recover it for another $12. Thank you again to my mother in law for sewing the covers for the cushions!!
Pillow I made from the scraps of fabric throughout the room...
Another pillow...
Curtains made with the help from my mother in law, Jill...
Frame I made at Super Saturday for Relief Society...
Changing pad cover from the same fabric that inspired the room...
Eric and I bought this picture before we were married and have just had it unframed in storage since then. We finally had it framed this year and decided to add it to the nursery...
We had such a hard time conceiving this baby that we feel we were truly blessed and helped along the way to get him. Eric's father passed away in '06 and when I saw this quote, I knew I wanted to add it to the nursery because I feel it applies to the blessing this baby is bringing to our home, with the help from Eric's dad.
Eric repainted the night stand a light silvery blue color. Eventually, he'll paint the rocking chair to match...
Graham helped me with a little art for the room by water coloring on a poster board. I then repainted a cheap black frame that we had and added a wooden letter H in the middle. I think it turned out really cute and I like the idea of having a little bit of Graham in the room.
We replaced the ceiling fan because the old one was HUGE!!! This one turned out to be the perfect size...
View from walking into his room...
We had so many clothes from Graham. I ended up giving away/selling probably two totes full of clothes and still had more than enough for the baby. This is just the beginning of what we have...
Some other projects I did were some carseat covers (the red Husker one was actually made by my aunt Lisa for Graham and was my pattern for the other 3 that I made)
An extra changing pad cover...
The fabric that inspired it all...
I am pretty proud of it all. It took me almost 5 months to accomplish but it turned out to be one of my favorite rooms in the house, which is good since I'll probably be spending a lot of time in there very soon!
I also had one other project I have been furiously working on to get up for the Christmas season. I started Graham's last January and it took me nearly a year to finish. The baby's, however, was a last minute decision of mine. I knew I wanted to have it done for Christmas but they take FOREVER to do. I ended up finishing his in about 4 months. Thanks to the excellent sewing skills of my mother in law, Jill, we were able to finish these up in time to hang on the fireplace. I cross-stitched them all and she turned them into the wonderful stockings that they are now. I'm very happy with them.
1 comment:
Your nursery is so cute. Way to go. I am very impressed. And your stockings are amazing.
Post a Comment