Saturday, December 22, 2012

November 2012

November, as always, was super busy for us. Eric and I celebrated 5 years of marriage and couldn't be happier. Graham turned 3!! I can't believe he is that old already and I turned 25. Not to mention a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Eric's family.

Graham had a birthday party with all of his friends. He chose a pirate theme for his party and wanted a pirate ship cake. My mom and sisters came to Nebraska to help me out with the party and ended up being a lifesaver in getting everything together. We had pirate ship hotdogs and chips, pirate ship cake and ice cream, lots of games and a little treasure box for the kids to paint. Graham got lots of presents and had a great time playing with all of his friends. (Pictures are on Eric's camera which is impossible for me to load onto the computer, so I will have to put them on here later.)

His party was a couple days before his actual birthday so Eric and I decided that on his actual day, we would do something as a family. When we asked him what he wanted to do, he said "go see the dinosaurs at the museum!" So, we made the 45 min trip to Lincoln, NE and went to the dinosaur museum. He loved seeing the skeletons and all of the other animals they had set up there. They also have a play room for the kids to explore in. They had a ton of rubber snakes and sensory activities that Graham had a blast doing. I think Eric enjoyed that room just as much as Graham did. He is such a kid at heart. After the museum, we asked Graham what he wanted for dinner and he chose his favorite restaurant, Noodles and Company. Because it was his birthday, the manager gave him his very own rice krispie treat to go with his mac and cheese. He was one happy 3 year old! (again, pictures are on Eric's camera.)

Eric and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary, though we didn't do anything special since I'm super pregnant and we are super broke. We did get some dinner and see a movie together and got all of Graham's Christmas shopping done. It was nice to just be away and we are thankful that grandma Jill is here to watch Graham for us.

I turned 25 and got to have my favorite dinner at Cheesecake factory, see the new Twilight movie and received a very appreciated pedicure. Eric sure spoiled me this year. I couldn't ask for a better husband!!

Every year, our great city of Papillion throws a winter wonderland festival to ring in the upcoming holiday season. They light up the city, have carriage rides, and Santa Clause. We love the magic it gives to the holiday season, so we try to go every year. This year was freezing so we didn't stay long but were able to see Santa and the live reindeer they had there. Graham was in heaven and told Santa he wanted his brother Holden for Christmas. He didn't even ask for a toy, just his brother. What a sweetheart. :)

 They also had the Grinch there which Graham is obsessed with, even though he has never seen the movie, only the commercials for it on tv. He was very happy to get a picture with him though.
 Horrible picture but he really was very excited to see Santa.

Graham was more concerned about getting into those Skittles than smiling for another picture.

1 comment:

Matt and Alissa said...

Sounds like a fun filled month. Having moms there to help is so nice.