Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Manti Miracle Pageant


We went to the Manti Pageant on the last day it was being performed. Brett and Annie picked us up on Saturday evening and we made the trip from Orem to Manti. It only took about an hour to get there. We stopped at the WalMart they just opened in Manti and got some snacks then headed to the temple. We sat on the grass and waited for the pageant to start, eating our goodies and laughing at the ridiculous persistence of the protesters. Eric and I were messing around trying to hold eachother's up as we leaned over the curb. I kept telling Eric i couldn't hold him but he never stopped leaning and over we went. I scraped up my knee and tore my jeans. My ankle cracked beneath me and swelled with pain. We went to the first aid tent and had it wrapped and iced. It hurt so badly but i kept the tears in so i wouldn't have to explain to Brett and Annie how it happened. It hurt the rest of the night and all the way home. The pageant was OK. We weren't completely entertained and fell asleep for about 20 mins during it. It got over around 11pm and we headed for home. Annie and I slept while Brett and Eric got all of their sports and car talk out of themselves. We had a good time and laughed a lot. The only bad part was my twisted ankle but ah well, it will heal.

Eric and I in front of the Manti Temple. It is so pretty!








Brett and Annie!

















Eric and Brett!





Me and Annie!




No comments: