*The last time we went to the doctor, Graham was 12 lbs 15 oz. I am sure he has increased his weight greatly. I would put him somewhere around 14 or 15 pounds now. He was 24 1/4 inches long and I would say he is around 25 inches now, maybe a little more. All of his onsies must be stretched around his long torso and his pants are all floods. We have put him in 6 month clothes already. He definitely doesn't look like he is only 3 months old. Everyone thinks he is much older.
*He still has the perfect round baby face with chubby cheeks. He is smiling like crazy and giggles at everything. He has started laughing out loud instead of sucking in air with a huge smile on his face. That used to be the way he laughed.
*He loves to lay on the floor under his play mat and talk to the animals on it. He hold onto toys and when we put a rattle in his hand, he shakes it and then tries to figure out what is making that noise.
*He has discovered his hands and will hold them in front of his face and go cross eyed trying to look at them. He can't keep them out of his mouth and is constantly sucking and gnawing on his thumb or fist.
*He has one tooth fully in that appeared when he was 5 weeks old and the second one is almost in. The gum around the tooth are extremely swollen and we are dealing with teething fevers and tears. He is being a good sport about it and either gnaws on his thumb to dull the pain or chews on a cold binky (he won't hold chewing toys in his mouth long enough yet.)
*He has started going to bed around 8:30 or 9pm and was sleeping 9 1/2 hours. Now that his tooth is hurting him, he wakes up more at night. Usually after 6 hours of sleep, eats, then sleeps for another 4.
*He loves to play in his bed and talk to his mobile. I wake up to the sound of him laughing as loud as possible and talking to his toys. It's quite nice to lay in bed and let him play until he starts crying.
*He is eating like crazy to fill his large body. He was eating 6 oz bottles every 3 hours so I called the doctor and was told to start giving him 2 rice bottles a day. He now gets a 6oz bottle with 3 T. of rice mixed in to fill him up. He loves it! I don't think we will have a problem with solid foods.
*He can almost hold his head up completely by himself. He has a few wobbles every now and then but does pretty well for the most part.
*He loves TV. He watches movies with me and laughs while we watch. He also loves watching daddy play video games and watch sports.
*He loves when we sing to him. We make up little songs for him just to see his smile and the way to calm him down is to sing primary songs. I really enjoy snuggling with him at night singing "I am a child of God" and seeing his eyes light up.
*He has started showing that he is a "Mommy's boy." Whenever someone new takes him from me, he gets a really sad face and starts crying as hard as he can until I take him back. He will only go to daddy or someone he has seen several times and he knows who they are. (Sorry he did that to you mom!!)
*He has started to mimic us. He notices when we are eating and eyes our food and moves his mouth like we do. When we talk or sing, he talks back to us or starts "singing" along with us.
Overall, he is still the best thing to happen to us. I love this baby so much and can't believe how ridiculously cute he is. When I see him asleep in my arms, I can't believe he is mine. It is so amazing to know the trust and love he has for me and the knowledge I have to take care of him. It's so nice knowing what each cry means and what I can do to help him. Even thought the "mommy's boy" thing can get overwhelming at times, I love the fact that he wants me and that I am a comfort to him. I love watching him and Eric together and the bond that they already share. Graham loves his daddy and Eric loves being a father. We have no idea what we would do without this little angel in our lives.
Bath time. Graham is now too long for his baby bath so we have to bath him in the regular tub now. My mom had to make him so bigger hooded towels because his were too short for him. (I just had to put ALL newborn stuff away. Bottles, towels, socks, clothes, binky's, etc. It was very hard to do. He is getting too big too fast!)
Graham plays with his tooth with his tounge. This is the face he makes while he is doing it.
Monday nights, Eric is in charge of Graham while I watch my show, The Bachelor. They go into the office and play. This is usually how I find them when my show is done. Fast asleep.
4 comments:
jules, he is the cutest little boy in the world! i love the face he makes when he is playing with this tooth, speaking of his tooth i can't believe he is teething! & how much he sleeps lucky mom! he is so adorable i love him and i can't wait to meet your little man!
Wow, he is getting so big if he is in 6 month already. It sounds like he is a very smart little guy too. You are such a good mom, and it sounds like Eric has slipped into being a dad wonderfully. I love that picture of Eric and Graham asleep. So cute!
julie bug (i have to use my husbands nick name for you) he is beautiful and sounds just perfect. i just love reading about him and you and eric. we can't wait to see you again!
that second picture is my favorite. That is just classic Graham. :)
Post a Comment