Thursday, July 22, 2010

8 months old!


Well, that month flew by. It seems like yesterday that Graham was turning 7 months and we were celebrating Father's day. Now, my baby boy is 8 months old and so cute! I can't believe how fast it went. I feel like I was just in the hospital having this baby and now it's 8 months later.

Graham is growing so fast! He is really long and solid. He looks like the size of a 1 year old and is a huge load to carry. I would guess he is about 25lbs at least. He is still in 12-18 month clothes and size 5 diapers. He has slowed down on eating and has slimmed down a little from all of his playing. He has strawberry blond hair (the color changes with the light he is in. Sometimes it's more red and sometimes more blond. It's hard to tell what it will be) and bright blue eyes. He still only has two teeth on the bottom row, but I'm pretty sure another one is coming in next to the bottom right tooth he already has.


He rolls everywhere!! He is getting close to crawling but hasn't made it all the way yet. He is close to getting up on his knees and will reach for toys placed out in front of him. I know he is going to be a huge handful when he finally figures it out. He already rolls everywhere and makes me chase him around. He'll push the buttons on the entertainment system and try to get his hands on anything he can. He's cute but crazy!! He loves to play in his exer-saucer and johnny jumper still and play with anything he can get. His new favorites are my measuring cups and spoons. He loves to hit them on the high chair tray and make tons of noise.

Graham loves Cheerios! I put him in his high chair and put a pile of Cheerios in front of him. He'll pick them up one by one using his newly found pincher fingers and eat them. He also loves dried fruit bits and the dehydrated yogurt bites that Gerber makes. He loves to feed himself. He'll try to grab the spoon from me and put it in his mouth. I put a pile of mashed potatoes on the tray one night and he loved being able to pick them up and eat them himself. He is starting to get so independent.






Graham's new game is "big boy!" He puts him arms up in the air and giggles with a huge smile on his face as you tell him "Big Boy!!" He loves it. He's also into counting. Whenever we go down the stairs, I count each step we take out loud and he gets the biggest grin on his face every time. I'll hold up each finger and count them out and he'll sit and watch me and giggle. I love it! He's going to be such a smart little guy. He loves to play Peek-a-Boo and hide and seek. He'll cover his own face with the blanket and pull it down for me to say peek-a-boo. I'll crouch down below him or behind him and then pop out and say I found you and he laughs hysterically. Or I will go into another room and call for him, asking him "where are you?" and he will roll around until he makes it to the room and finds me. We love playing hide and seek together.

Graham loves music. He perks up whenever a song comes on and he'll sit in the car and listen to the radio our entire drive. I sing primary songs to him and he smiles so big and is so relaxed. Whenever Eric sings, he just snuggles up to him and listens. It's a good way to get him to snuggle up and go to sleep.


Graham is definitely a mama's boy but absolutely adores his father. Whenever Eric comes home, Graham lights up and can't help but scream in delight. When Eric picks him up, Graham will snuggle his face into his shoulder and hold onto his shirt as tight as he can. He loves playing with daddy and only Eric can make him laugh his hardest. They love to sit on the couch next to eachother and watch their programs, as Eric calls them (he secretly thinks he's 60 years old.) Eric shares his food with Graham and makes sure he is well taken care of and safe wherever he is. They are best buds.



We love to read stories together

Graham is amazing! He makes everyone happy and I get compliments on how beautiful and happy he is wherever I go. He is such a good baby. He only cries when he is hungry or tired and the rest of the time he is happy and smiley. We are so thankful for this sweet baby boy in our lives and can't imagine our lives without him. We only hope he will continue to grow and be happy. We wish the very best for him and pray we can teach him all that we know and that he needs to know.

3 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

He is adorable. He is growing up so much! Look out for once he becomes mobile. It is not easy to keep track of them all the time. It is much easier with only one though. You guys are great parents.

Family Blog said...

Ahhhh

we said...

i love him jules! that little guy is so awesome! graham and mason (liz's baby) need to be best friends he is equally as big as as adorable! i love you all, your family is wonderful jules! hope you know how much we miss you and love your guts!