Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boy or Girl?

It's still a little too early to tell but I'm so excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Eric and I both want a girl but will gladly take a boy if that is what it is. Eric thinks it's a boy but he only does it to avoid having even the slightest disappointment when it comes time for the ultrasound. We both really want our little girl.

This pregnancy has been completely different than with Graham so I don't know if that is an indicator of a girl or not, but I sure hope so.

I'm 14 weeks now and so far...

*With Graham's pregnancy, I carried really low. This one is so high that my doctor was shocked that my uterus was already above my belly button. At this point in pregnancy, it's normal for it to be just below. I feel like I already can't breath. My lower belly is still soft while the top is hard as a rock.
*I got sick with Graham but it wasn't nearly as bad. I lost a lot of weight from throwing up with him but I would only throw up 1-2 times per day. With this pregnancy, my weight loss has increased and I throw up 4-6 times per day. I can't keep anything down. It has been absolutely miserable but I'm willing to do it to get this baby.
*All I wanted with Graham was junk food. We ate at fast food resturants almost everyday so I could get my fill. With this pregnancy, I want nothing to do with fast food or any junk. I crave salads and fresh food constantly.
*With Graham I couldn't eat yogurt. It was the only dairy product that made me throw up instantly. This time, I can't have any dairy or it immediately comes up. It's been a bummer because all I've wanted is cookie dough ice cream and a tall glass of cold milk. I'm praying it goes away in the second trimester.
*I had a lot more energy with Graham. Maybe because I was working and had to get up and get going but I seem to remember never stopping to rest. With this one, I am constantly tired and can barely function if I don't get a good night's sleep and a nap during the day. Thankfully, Graham still takes a nap so I have been able to curl up with him.
*I had terrible heartburn with Graham. It was pretty constant and would get a little relief with medicines. I still get heartburn with this one, but not nearly as much and medicine takes it away pretty well. I guess I got lucky in that regard. Heartburn it the worst!!
*The only similarity so far has been the heartbeat. They say a low heartbeat is a girl and a high one is a boy. At Graham's first heartbeat appointment, he had a low beat that gradually increased with each appointment. I've only had one heartbeat appointment so far with this one but it was low the first time. We'll see what happens.

We find out either the end of July or the beginning of August what we are having. We cannot wait! Either way, we will be ecstatic and begin the preparations!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Aah our babies will be the same age. How crazy still. I'm craving health food like nothing else. Raw veggies for me, please! Haha. GOod to know each pregnancy is different.

Megan Di said...

We're secretly hoping for a girl too. There's an old wives tale that says if your leg hair grows quickly, it's a girl and if it grows slowly it's a boy. I have never had to shave so often in my life. :) Good luck!!