I got home from work at 6:15 on Friday and noticed right off the bat the aroma in the air. No, it wasn't the odor coming from the closet where I keep shoes, this smell was much better than that. Julia warned me that entering in the kitchen would mean instant death and dishes for a week (I suppose the latter would've had to come first, making it somewhat delayed death), but after smelling buttered bread crumbs baking in the oven, I figured out what she was up to. I was cautious at first, remembering the warnings my sisters and in-laws gave me. But I threw all that silliness out the window after the first bite.
Julia just might be the greatest. cook. ever. I should've known that one time that I came home and found Rachael Ray, Giada de Laurentiis, and Alton Brown worshipping her at her feet.
Oh yeah!! BTW, if you ever decide to kidnap Julia and force her to replicate the dish for your own family, she will intentionally botch it. :P
1 comment:
i asked ma for the recipe once...and she "didn't have it"...so, how did julia get it? I smell favoritism!
Post a Comment