Friday, September 19, 2008

I LOVE FALL!!!!

I LOVE Fall! I love the colors and the smells. I love that everything is red and brown and yellow and that there is just a slight chill in the air. I love waking up in the morning with a chill in the air and being perfectly warm under the covers I love the smell of pumpkin and pumpkin bread and pie. I love hot chocolate with whipped cream and apple cider. I love driving down the street and seeing fruit stands on every corner. I love pears and apples with caramel and warm cobbler. . I LOVE Fall!
Fall reminds me of so many things. Camping with my family and going four wheeling. Taking long drives through the canyons just to see the colors. Grandma raking the leaves into huge piles and letting us jump in them. She would always pretend to be scared when we crawled out of the leaves pretending we were monsters. We would laugh and never want to go home. I love reading on a blanket under a tree or snuggling up on those cold nights with a good book next to the fireplace. I love cooking pumpkin pies and turkey with my grandma and my grandma's amazing homemade rolls. I love carving pumpkins with my family after we all gathered up in grandpa's truck and went to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect one. I love being with family in the Fall.
Fall reminds me the most of my wedding. We purposely chose the Fall to be married because the colors are my favorite! We chose the 9th of November so that it wouldn't be Halloween themed and so it would (hopefully) not be snowing yet. It was perfect weather and a perfect weekend. In fact, two days later, the snow came. I was so happy it waited. Our wedding colors were chocolate brown and cream with fall leaves and red roses mixed in. I am also a huge fan of candles so we put them all over the place. They were on the tables and the cake. It was so beautiful and now when I see the fall colors coming out, I get so excited and cant believe it has almost been a year!
I have been finding cute decorations to put in my house this year. A lot of leaves and pumpkins and candles. Our house constantly smells like apples or pumpkin pie and I love it! I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Im planning on trying to make Thanksgiving dinner for Eric. It is his favorite meal and I decided I should probably start practicing this year so I'll be a pro when I have my own children to cook for. So, if you have any good recipes or tips, PLEASE give them to me. I've never made a pumpkin pie or cooked a turkey on my own and I don't want it to be a complete disaster.
Fall is my favorite season and I love when it comes around every year. It is so hard for me when it snows because I know that soon the leaves will fall and it will be cold and wet and depressing. But for now, I'm going to enjoy FALL!!

No comments: