Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas and more...

Christmas was awesome once we finally made it out to Utah. Our flight was canceled on Christmas eve so we woke up bright and early (3:30am) to dig the snow off of our driveway and make our way through the blizzard to the airport. We got on the plane this time but then sat there stuck. They had to dig the plane's wheel's out of the snow and then found out the luggage cart was also stuck. Once they dug that out as well, we thought we would be on our way but had to stop and be de-iced before the plane could take off. 1hr past the time we were supposed to take off, we finally made it up in the air. Luckily, Graham slept through the whole ride and was the best baby they had on the plane that morning. We had a layover in Phoenix where our plane was delayed 1 1/2 hrs. So, we sat at the gate waiting and fed Graham and let him play. Eric was holding Graham after he ate when all of the sudden Graham did his projectile vomiting trick all over Eric. He quickly handed me the baby to clean up while he rushed to the bathroom, covered in white goope. The joys of being a father. After we were all cleaned up, we boarded the plane and landed in Utah that afternoon. We missed Christmas breakfast with my family but we were able to have a later Christmas. We got a lot of gift cards to go on date nights and Graham got a lot of clothes and blankets and new toys.

Saturday after Christmas Eric and I took Graham to Orem to show him off to Eric's old work and his sister. They loved him, of course, and we heard from my nieces how rude it was for us to move away and take him so far. We enjoyed seeing them and finding the long lost TV we have been searching for since we moved. It turned out to be in Heidi's basement in a room they never go in. Too bad it's going to be a while before we ever get it back to our house in Nebraska.

Zoe and Graham
Sidgie and Graham
After we were done in Orem, we drove back to Bountiful, picked up my little sister Morgan and then drove to Layton to have dinner with my dad and his wife. They got to meet him for the first time and Graham made out with more clothes and blankets. It's good because I just had to put all of his newborn clothes away. :( He is getting way too big, way too fast. After dinner we went back to Bountiful and went to my sister-in-law's parent's house to play games. Again, we beat them in Cranium, the only game we are actually good at together.

Matt and Anabelle meeting Graham for the first time
Anabelle loves babies and couldn't get enough of Graham. She kept kissing him and wrapping him up in his blanket. She loved him and it was so cute seeing her with him.Saturday was a crazy busy day and it didn't stop Sunday. Since we were out in Utah the Sunday after Christmas, we decided to bless Graham in my home ward with people we knew and our family there. We woke up early and started preparing. We had to bathe Graham and help make dinner for after the blessing, as well as get Eric all packed and ready to fly home that night. His blessing turned out great. We didn't know there was another baby blessing, a homecoming and a farewell all in the same meeting so there were a lot of people there but it worked out great. All of our friends made it for the blessing and most of the family. Eric was a little nervous to perform the blessing but ended up doing a terrific job. I was sad I didn't have any paper to write down what was said but hopefully we can get a recording of it from the bishop. We had a quick dinner with the family after because Eric had to get to the airport 45 mins after the blessing. What a rush! We got him there on time only to find out his flight had been delayed and he would miss his connection so they put him on the 6am flight. Because he wouldn't get up on time, he rescheduled to the 10am flight and had to call his boss and beg to have his days off switched so he wouldn't lose his job. Luckily, his boss was cool and switched his days with no problem. He made it out on Monday after more drama. We got him to the SLC airport right on time but he then realized he didn't have his wallet. We didn't want to risk him missing another flight and having to lose another day of work so we had to have my step dad rush his wallet to the airport and he had to run through security and to his gate. He made it right on time and got home Monday night, only to find 3 1/2 feet of snow to shovel in our driveway. Poor Eric started the shoveling when our kind neighbor came over and offered him some help using his snow blower. They got the driveway cleared enough for Eric to get the car in. Good thing there are still some nice people in this world.

Us together on Graham's blessing day
3 1/2 feet of snow to shovel
Graham and I stayed in Utah until Wednesday afternoon and spent some more time with my family. I got to go shopping with my sister and relax while my mom watched the baby. Morgan flew home with me to help with the baby and stayed for New Year's. Unfortunately, it didn't all go as planned. We were going to play games at Eric's sisters house with some of his brothers and sisters but Graham got very sick the night of the 30th. Everything he ate come up as projectile vomit the entire night and into the morning. He had a really bad cough and was really stuffed up. Morgan and I ended up taking him to the doctor on New Year's eve day. They prescribed pedialyte and for us to wait 15mins in between each ounce of food. It was really hard because he would cry harder than he ever has during the 15 min breaks. He just wasn't himself. He wouldn't smile or kick. He just layed there and didn't move.
Morgan babysat for us while we went to dinner with Eric's family then we picked her and Graham up to go over to Heather's (Eric's sister) house for games. We only ended up staying about 2 hours before we went back home to get Graham in bed and start our long night of sick baby. Scott and Ana spent the night at our house, however, we didn't do anything but go to bed. We even missed the new year because we were so occupied with getting kids in bed. What a new year's party huh?
Graham slept much better that night and was able to keep his food down so, we decided it was ok to try playing with Eric's family again on the 1st. We got up and made pancakes for breakfast and then said goodbye to Scott and Ana. We took Morgan to the airport and then headed to Heather's parents-in-law's farm for games and dessert. We were able to get a few games in and eat amazing pumpkin cheesecake when Graham threw up again! Poor baby. The night ended early for everyone because our nephew got sick as well. What is going around???
The weekend continued with us staying home and getting Graham better. He is feeling a little better now. The vomitting has stopped but he is still very flemy and coughing. We have to suck boogers out of his nose almost 3 times a day and still give him his food very slowly. I really hope he gets better soon. I want my happy baby back!!!

So other than a sick baby, life is back to normal. Graham and I are back to scrapbooking during the day and getting the work around the house done. Eric is doing well at work and has caught up on his sales. We are still waiting to see if he won the prizes at work for the most sales. I hope so. There are some pretty amazing prizes. Hopefully we find out soon.

Oh, and remember my post about changing my hair? Well, I talked to many people and looked at many pictures and finally came up with the decision to dye it red and cut it short. It's not a bright red. More of a purpley red but I really like it. What do you think?
So what's ahead for 2010??? Well, Eric has a one month goal to lose weight. He has stopped drinking pop and is exercising 3 times a week. Go Eric!! Too bad his goal is only to do this for a month. Hopefully he decides that losing weight is awesome and he continues it.
Mine is to lose the baby weight and survive all that is to come with a baby. I get told that surviving a year of baby isn't really a goal because I have to do it anyway, but I say it makes the goal a realistic one because I can actually accomplish it. :) I'm hoping to keep up on Graham's scrapbook and baby book and make sure I mark all of the milestones down. I think that is why I blog every detail of our lives so I can go back and write it down in my scrapbook. I'm not much of a journaler but pictures are my journal so I scrapbook everything. This way I can remember what the pictures were and the stories that go along with them. I'm not much of a resolution maker for New Year's but I think I'll try it out this year. I'll probably be putting a list up sometime soon of what I would like to accomplish. Wish me luck! Bring on 2010!!!

2 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, you did have a crazy time after we saw you. I'm glad Graham is feeling better. I hope he keeps getting better. It is so scary that first time they get sick. You also hate to see them so sick and they don't understand why they don't feel good. It is hard, but it sounds like you are surviving it. Good luck. I like your hair. It looks very cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry to hear that he is still having a hard time holding down the food. If it helps We used to have to put 1 teaspoon of baby cereal to every oz of formula to keep Elsha from projectile vomiting. It might help a little bit. Good luck and he is just to cute. Glad to see all is going pretty well. Your hair is very cute to. Love ya all
Aunt Robyn