Saturday, January 23, 2010

100 things to do in 2010

Remember how I said I would try out the whole list thing this year? Well, here we go. My inspiration came from one of my dear friends, Megan Hinckley, and her commitment to fulfilling her list. Thank you Megan!!!!

  1. Laugh everyday
  2. Lose the baby weight
  3. Cook at least 5 out of the 7 nights a week
  4. Test recipes and put my favorites into a book
  5. Take cake decorating classes
  6. Make Graham’s 1st birthday cake
  7. Keep up on Graham’s baby book
  8. Scrapbook Graham’s pictures
  9. Catch up on bills (no back payments)
  10. Don’t go to collections
  11. Pay off debts
  12. Buy furniture for the house
  13. Borrow Jill’s furniture out of storage and get it into the house
  14. Buy art for the house
  15. Buy a Greg Olsen painting
  16. Paint the kitchen
  17. Paint the hall bathroom
  18. Paint the master bedroom
  19. Paint the guest room
  20. Paint the basement
  21. Paint the garage
  22. Clean and organize the garage
  23. Organize the office
  24. Keep the house clean
  25. Get family pictures taken
  26. Get back into size 6
  27. Buy a lawn mower
  28. Buy a snow blower
  29. Buy patio furniture
  30. Buy a fire pit for the patio
  31. Make the backyard look nice
  32. Pay off the Nissan
  33. Write to Alexis
  34. Be more active at church (volunteer for dinners, helping out, etc)
  35. Feed the missionaries more often
  36. Go to young women’s as often as I can
  37. Make the girls in YW’s feel welcome and loved
  38. Attend all church meetings
  39. Find a friend
  40. Read the Book of Mormon
  41. Pray at meals
  42. Have family prayer
  43. Go to the Temple more often
  44. Do a session in the Nauvoo Temple
  45. Do a session in the Omaha Temple
  46. Go to Nauvoo
  47. Visit Kansas City
  48. Go to the family reunion
  49. Go on a vacation with just Eric, other than the family reunion
  50. Let Eric have more guy nights
  51. Join a gym
  52. Get my Nebraska licenses
  53. Read a book a month
  54. Decorate my house
  55. Blog once a week or more
  56. Help Eric get back in school
  57. Help Eric get his associates degree
  58. Help Eric keep up on homework and pass math and biology
  59. Help Eric get into UNO
  60. Pay tithing for the family
  61. Stay busy doing crafts
  62. Go camping-I have to try out this Nebraska camping thing without any mountains
  63. Go to a ballet
  64. Build up a savings account
  65. Start a savings account for Graham
  66. Save all our change
  67. Build up a food storage
  68. Create 72 hour kits
  69. Get a real Christmas tree
  70. Have a 1st birthday party for Graham
  71. Spend time outside this summer with Graham
  72. Go to the library
  73. Make folder file games for when Graham is older
  74. Take Graham on summer walks
  75. Try out different work out videos
  76. Buy Eric something thoughtful this year for his birthday
  77. Buy a BBQ
  78. Invite someone new to dinner
  79. Go visit teaching
  80. Read the Ensign each month
  81. Be involved in our community
  82. Say “I love you” everyday
  83. Learn how to drive in Nebraska weather
  84. Play in the rain
  85. Revisit our engagement spot and watch the sunset
  86. Do something for our 3 year anniversary
  87. Start saving up for Italy
  88. Get my painting framed
  89. Frame and display our pictures
  90. Make bread
  91. Make my own pizza crust
  92. Learn how to properly cook with yeast
  93. Go to the dentist
  94. Take Eric to the dermatologist
  95. Try eating fish again (if anyone knows me, you know how hard this is for me)
  96. Try Sushi (AHHHHH, we’ll see if I can do it)
  97. Take a picture of Graham every month
  98. Blog about Graham’s accomplishments every month for his “birthday” (the 20th of each month) for a year.
  99. Be a good mommy
  100. Continue being ridiculously happy

There it is... Let's see how I do.

6 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, that is quite the list. Good luck. They all sound doable. Make sure you review your list each month to remind you of your goals. That is something I have found very helpful with my goals.

Jamie said...

Number two is my weak spot! Yeast is so...freakish. It's alive for heaven's sake!!!

Ha. Well Julia you've got your work cut out for you. Keep it all in perspective, right? And ABSOLUTELY keep blogging. I love reading how you're doing way out there in the hinterlands. ;)

Love you girlie!

Jamie said...

I meant "ninety two"

we said...

julia, i love your #10, you are the funniest girl, i miss you, i saw holly today your family is beautiful i love you all, miss you xoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Julz,

I miss you so much! Can't wait to see you again. I've got some more books for you to read so let me know if i need to bring them when I come out.

ERIC!!!
How do I get the Mac to automatically turn on wifi? It makes me type in the password every time I turn it on. I've tried everything-that I can think of! Also, how much would it cost to put Microsoft Office 7? I don't like NeoOffice.

Email me because I don't have a facebook!

Love ya, Morgan

Liz said...

Oh Julia, what a great idea. Your little guy is sure cute. Hope you guys are doing good.