Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Late Late nights...

Is there really a way to get your baby to recognize that we sleep at night, not all day??? Graham has his nights and days so mixed up! Last night, he woke up at 2:30am and stayed up till 6am!!!!! No amount of changing him, feeding, burping, rocking, singing or swaddling would get this kid to sleep. Poor Eric only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep before he had to go to work. What do we do?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Welcome to parenthood {wink, wink}. Both of my kids were the same way. When they were 2 weeks old, I would do EVERYTHING to keep them awake more during the day. I would strip them down to their diaper, give them a bath, play and sing with them...anything to keep them awake. I would especially do this in the evening between like 5 and 8. It took a few days, but then their body started to adjust and they would just start staying awake more during the day. I know what you mean though...it's tough when they want to stay up all night when you're beyond exhausted. Good luck! Oh...and he is such a cutie!!

Matt and Alissa said...

I already left my comment for this on facebook. Bedtime routines help so much. It will get better though.