Monday, December 21, 2009

One month ago

One month ago ( yesterday, actually but I wasn't home all day to post), I gave birth to the sweetest baby boy that changed my life forever. Graham is the best thing that has ever happened to Eric and I. We couldn't be happier with the life we have now. We truly feel so blessed to have our child in our lives. We are grateful that the Lord trusted us enough to have such a sweet spirit in our home. I am so excited to see how he grows and changes over his life. I can't believe the changes he has made already in just one month.

So far Graham can:

*Lift his head up for a few seconds if he is lying on his stomach or on my shoulder. He'll push himself back so he can see the world around him.
*He loves facing forward and seeing all that is going on.
*He recognizes Eric and I's voices and will turn his head toward us.
*He can focus on our eyes and will smile when he see our faces.
*He grasps our fingers and holds onto them when he eats.
*He'll hold onto the collar of our shirts and wrap his arms around us when we pick him up.
*He is starting to enjoy the bath more and has started kicking in the water making it splash. He doesn't cry nearly as much anymore.
*He loves to lay on the floor and kick. He will lay there and kick for hours at a time without any complaining.
*He loves to lay in his swing and will look at the animals that hang from it. The rocking usually puts him fast asleep, which is nice on those nights he wont easily go down for bed.

*He is eating 4 oz. about every 3 hours and getting pretty fat!
*He weighs probably close to 10 pounds or more right now. (He was 7lbs 11oz when he was born)
*He still has no butt and very skinny legs so he is still in newborn diapers.
*He has outgrown his first outfit length wise. He is still skinny through the body but has gotten taller that one of his outfits won't stretch enough for him.
*He is sleeping 3 to 3 1/2 hours in between feedings at night and takes about 1/2 hour to eat and fall back asleep.
*He still has deep blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. His hair is getting longer and longer everyday.
*He is starting to smile and has giggled a couple of times during his times of kicking on the floor or watching his animals.
*He loves to sit and watch TV with daddy. Jeopardy and football are his favorites (or maybe those are Eric's favorites.)

Overall, he is an awesome baby. We love him so much and can't imagine life without our little buddy.

3 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, he really has grown and developed a lot. What a wonderful baby. Way to go!

Allison Box said...

Cute boy! I haven't yet told you congrats. So CONGRATS! He is a cutie. I hope everything is going well and you are enjoying this little boy. It is so fun and rewarding, despite all the challenges. I have to say that Graham looks like Eric to me. He is cute no matter what. And merry Christmas too!

Megan Di said...

That's one handsome boy! I can hardly wait to see you guys on Sunday. :)