When we decided breastfeeding wasn't going to work for us, we started feeding Graham regular formula. After the many shots in the face of his projectile vomit, we decided to try soy formula and see if he could keep it down better. For 2 weeks now, he hasn't vomited and sleeps a lot better. Well, yesterday we fed Graham the last of the soy formula and only had the regular left. So, we decided to give it a try. He cried all through the night and again, vomited all over me four times this morning. I got another can of soy and have had a happy (and very tired) baby for the rest of the day. I think we will stick to soy for a while.

I don't know if any other Jacob babies had this problem. If they did, do you have any advice?? My mom said I was on soy formula as a baby so it might be from my side. Who knows...I just don't want him to have problems drinking regular cow's milk when he is older. Anyone with advice, HELP!!!
On a side note, aren't these blue eyes awesome!!! (click on the picture to see how blue they are) I have a gorgeous baby...

Graham is starting to find his personality and smile a lot. I was lucky to capture one of them.
SO CUTE!!!!
6 comments:
oh crap he is soooo cute i love him and i cant wait to meet your little man!
HEY JULIA AND ERIC
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ELSHA, HERS WAS ALOT WORSE THEN IT SOUNDS LIKE GRAHAMS IS. SHE HAD TO BE ON A VERY EXPENSIVE FORMULA BEFORE THEY FOUND WHAT HER PROBLEM WAS. I SAY IF HE HOLDS DOWN THE SOY THEN YOU ARE BETTER OFF THEN I WAS WITH ELSHA. WITH HER IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT WE GAVE HER SHE WOULD THROW UP EVERYWHERE AND ENDED UP HAVING TO HAVE MEDS TO FIX THE PROBLEM. IF HE HOLDS THE SOY DOWN I'D STICK WITH THAT AND SEE HOW IT GOES. AFTER AL A HAPPY BABY IS ALWAYS GOOD. GOOD LUCK AND HE IS JUST TO CUTE.
LOVE YA
ROBYN
Babies have more sentive stomachs that older people. Stick with the soy milk---he will do great!! My kids were on a variety of Soy, Regular formula, and goats milk. They are all great now and handle cows milk just fine. Formula is so different than real milk that you really can't compare the two. Keep him on what works for him and he will thrive--cross the bridge with real milk when you get to it---you still have a good year before you have to worry about that. Feed him what makes him feel good for now. Trust your instincts---you are doing fine.
Audra
See if they have the WIC Program in your area (usually through the health department) and they will help you with the expense of formula too.
He's getting cuter with every picture you post!
Our oldest, Haley, had a milk allergy until she was about 18 months old. Try this: Take a little cows milk and put it on his arm, and see if it turns red. Haley's did, but she outgrew it and now drinks chocolate milk with abandon and eats plenty of cereal, oatmeal, etc., with milk on it just fine. She's 9 now. We did get an epi pin to carry around with us when she was a baby, just in case.
Good luck you guys, and gorgeous baby!
Post a Comment